ASPNR Annual Business Meeting Minutes
Monday, May 19, 2014
12:00 Noon – 1:00 pm
Room 519A- Palais des Congres de Montreal
Montreal, Quebec, CANADA
- Call to Order – Dr. Richard L. Robertson
The meeting was called to order at 12:20 pm.
- Secretary’s Report– Dr. Erin Simon Schwartz
The minutes from the 2013 Annual Business Meeting in New York were approved.
- Treasurer’s Report – Dr. Susan Palasis
The Society’s finances remain strong for 2014. The Society ended the first three months of 2014 with $286,737 in the Society’s Fund Balance.
- Committee Reports
- Program – Dr. Richard L. Robertson
Following the Annual Business Meeting, there will be a SAM session on Pediatric Trauma. On Thursday, the Spine SAM session will include pediatric programming. For ASNR 2015, there will be sessions focusing on imaging, the cerebellum, and advanced neuroimaging.
The SPR Advances in Pediatric Neuroradiology Course to be held October 24-26, 2014 at the Loews Miami Beach Hotel in Miami Beach, Florida.
- Membership – Dr. Richard L. Robertson
The addition of 12 new members brings the total membership to 488.
- Nominating – Dr. Thierry A.G.M. Huisman
Dr. Ashok Panigrahy was nominated for the office of 2014-2015 Treasurer, Dr. Laurence Eckel was nominated for the position of 2014-2015 Member-at-Large and Dr. Aylin Tekes was nominated for 2014-2015 Member of the Nominating Committee. All nominees accepted their nominations. There were no additional nominations from the floor.
- Old Business – Dr. Richard L. Robertson
The recipient of the ASNR 2013 Outstanding Presentation Award (ASPNR’s Derek Harwood-Nash Award) was Marc Braun, M.D., from CHU Nancy Neuroradiology Department in Nice, FRANCE, for the paper, Human Embryonic Serial Anatomy: Bulbar and Pontine Venous System in Relation with the Lower Cranial Nerve.
- New Business – Dr. Richard L. Robertson
- Installation of New Officers
The following members were unanimously approved:
- Dr. Ashok Panigraphy for Treasurer
- Dr. Laurence Eckel for Member-at-Large
- Dr. Aylin Tekes for Member of the Nominating Committee
Dr. Huisman called Dr. Robertson to the podium. He thanked Dr. Robertson for his work this past year. In appreciation for his service, he presented Dr. Robertson with the President’s plaque.
- Adjournment – Dr. Thierry A.G.M. Huisman
The meeting adjourned at 12:30 pm.
Ken Cammarata, ASPNR Business Manager
via Dr. Erin Simon Schwartz, Secretary
* * *
Dr. Huisman introduced Dr. Marjo S. van der Knapp for presentation of the 2014 ASPNR Gold Medal.