ASPNR Annual Business Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, April 28, 2015
12:15 – 1:00 pm
Sheraton Hotel and Towers – Superior AB
- Call to Order – Dr. Thierry A.G.M. Huisman
The meeting was called to order at 12:18 pm.
- Secretary’s Report– Dr. Susan Palasis
The minutes from the 2014 Annual Business Meeting in Montreal, CANADA were approved.
- Treasurer’s Report – Dr. Ashok Panigrahy
The asset balance is due to remaining membership dues to be paid. Donations to the Research Fund will be noted on next years’ dues invoice.
- Committee Reports
- Program – Dr. Thierry A.G.M. Huisman
There are five sessions of ASPNR programming, four are lectures and the fifth session is the Interesting Case Session.
- Membership – Dr. Thierry A.G.M. Huisman
There are 464 members of ASPNR.
- Nominating – Dr. Erin Simon Schwartz
Dr. Arastoo Vossough was nominated for the office of 2015-2016 Treasurer, Dr. Laura L. Hayes was nominated for the position of 2015-2016 Member-at-Large, and Dr. Debra M. Zarnow was nominated by the floor for 2015-2016 Member of the Nominating Committee. All nominees accepted their positions.
- Old Business – Dr. Thierry A.G.M. Huisman
The recipient of the ASNR 2014 Outstanding Presentation Award (ASPNR’s Derek Harwood-Nash Award) was Azad Ghassemi, M.D., from Sutter Medical Group in Sacramento, California, for the paper, MR Guided LASER Ablation of Non-Lesional Epileptic Foci in Pediatric Patients Utilizing Magnetoencephalography (MEG) Scan and EEG.
- New Business – Dr. Thierry A.G.M Huisman
- Installation of New Officers
The following members were unanimously approved:
- Dr. Arastoo Vossough for Treasurer
- Dr. Laura L. Hayes for Member-at-Large
- Dr. Debra M. Zarnow was nominated by the floor for Member of the Nominating Committee
Dr. Huisman called Dr. Schwartz to the podium. She thanked Dr. Huisman for his work this past year. In appreciation for his service, he presented Dr. Huisman with the President’s plaque.
- Adjournment – Dr. Erin Simon Schwartz
The meeting adjourned at 12:34 pm.
Kristine Kulpaka, ASNR Membership/Society Coordinator
via Dr. Susan Palasis, Secretary
* * *
Dr. Huisman introduced Dr. Nolan R. Altman for presentation of the 2015 ASPNR Gold Medal.