ASPNR Annual Business Meeting Minutes
Monday, May 23, 2016
12:15 – 1:00pm
Marriott Wardman Park – Maryland A/B/C
- Call to Order – Dr. Schwartz
The meeting was called to order at 12:18p.m.
- Secretary’s Report (Approve 2015 Annual Business Meeting Minutes) ♦ – Dr. Panigrahy
The 2015 Annual Business Meeting Minutes were approved.
- Treasurer’s Report ♦ – Dr. Vossough
The society continues to be in good financial standing, with a balance of $331,600. That number is down from last year’s $339, 457, mostly due to loss at the ASPNR/ASFNR joint meeting in February of 2016.
- Committee Reports
- Program – Dr. Schwartz
The meeting is going well. The Interesting Case Session was highlighted and feedback is welcome on the turbo talks. The Pediatric SAMS Session is Wednesday morning at 7:30am. There will be continued partnership with the other neuroradiology specialty societies meetings in the future.
- Membership ♦ – Dr. Schwartz
There are 403 members of ASPNR. Membership renewals are at an all-time low. Please make sure you check that your ASPNR membership is up-to-date.
- Nominating – Dr. Palasis
- Nominee for the office of Treasurer- Dr. Laurence Eckel
- Nominee for Member-at-Large- Dr. Aylin Tekes
- Nominee from the floor for the position of Member of the Nominating Committee
The nominee from the floor is Dr. Timothy Booth.
- Research – Dr. Vossough
Four letters of intent were received and subsequently two submitted full applications. Dr. Andrea Poretti is the recipient for 2016 for, The Structural Connectome of the Human Brain in Children with Tuberous Sclerosis Complex.
- New Business – Dr. Schwartz
- Installation of New Officers – VOTE
Call for a vote for Treasurer and Member-at-Large… vote on the following:
- Dr. Laurence Eckel for Treasurer
Dr. Eckel was approved.
- Dr. Aylin Tekes for Member-at-Large
Dr. Tekes was approved.
- The Image Gently Alliance would like ASPNR involved in promoting their campaign for the pediatric emergency response procedures. You will hear more about this in the future
- Adjournment – Dr. Palasis
The meeting was adjourned at 12:49p.m.
Following adjournment of the meeting, Dr. Schwartz asked Dr. Paolo Tortori-Donati to come to the podium. After Dr. Schwartz presented the Gold Medal, Dr. Tortori-Donati was given the opportunity to say a few words.
* * *