2022 ASPNR · GUERBET RESEARCH GRANT
To fund innovative research that advances the understanding, diagnosis and/or treatment of central nervous system pathologies in children. Strong consideration will be given to applicants that describe short timelines for completion of the study with dissemination of results.
- This grant provides up to $25,000 for a 1-year project to support the pilot phase of a scientific project.
- The grant period runs from February 1, 2022 to January 31, 2023.
- The application consists of a two-step process: submission of a Letter of Intent followed by an invitation to submit a research grant application to those who have submitted the most promising projects.
- The grant is open to North American and international early and mid-career radiologists holding a formal faculty appointment and an academic rank of clinical instructor, assistant professor, or associate professor or the international academic rank-equivalent in the respective applicant’s country. Adjunct faculty or other adjunct scholars are ineligible.
- An applicant must be an ASPNR member in good standing and remain so throughout the duration of the award.
- Mentors (associate or full professor) are encouraged for clinical instructor or assistant professor applicants.
- Applicant(s) must not be agents of any for-profit or commercial company in the medical sciences.
- The grant cannot be supplemental to external or internal funding from a single grant, combined grants, or contracts from any source greater than $25,000 secured within the past three years for the same or a substantially similar project.
- External or internal supplemental grant support <$25,000 must be detailed within the budget. Supplemental funding from other grant sources may be approved if the investigator submits a satisfactory plan to address any budgetary overlap.
- Only one submission per applicant is permitted.
- Former ASPNR research grant award recipients.
- Members of the ASPNR Board of Directors and ASPNR Research Committee.
- Deadline for LOIs is June 1, 2021.
- Complete grant applications (upon invitation) must be submitted by September 1, 2021.
- The recipient of the 2022 ASPNR-Guerbet Reserach Grant will be announced at the ASPNR 2022 Annual Meeting in January 2022.
To view Awardees of prior ASPNR Research Awards, click HERE.
The ASPNR Research Committee