Private Practice Pediatric Neuroradiology
Hampton Roads Area, Virginia
Medical Center Radiologists (“MCR”) is a 45-member private practice private serving the greater Hampton Roads area. We are seeking a fellowship-trained pediatric neuroradiologist for a partnership track position.
About the Facilities:
MCR provides service to four hospitals and six hospital-owned imaging centers in the greater Hampton Roads area.
- We provide pediatric radiology services to the Children’s Hospital of the Kings Daughter (“CHKD”), which provides comprehensive subspecialty care and houses the only pediatric inpatient rehabilitation unit in the state of Virginia
- CHKD is Virginia’s only freestanding children’s hospital (206 beds), serving 2M+ population in coastal VA & NC
- CHKD has a 25-bed PICU, 62-bed NICU, and a Level 1 Trauma center for pediatric patients
- CHKD is Virginia’s largest volume pediatric ED (30-bed, >55,000 annual volume, >5% year over year growth) and the only dedicated Level I pediatric trauma center
- CHKD plays an integral role in medical education for the Eastern Virginia Medical School (EVMS) pediatric residents, family medicine residents and medical students
About the Practice:
- MCR is a traditional equal share private practice that is committed to remaining independent and has no interest in selling out to a corporate entity.
- MCR is a progressive, democratic, transparent practice with professional management
- MCR supports a radiology residency program where the residents provide night coverage with a group radiologist on call in rotation
- The practice is rapidly growing, requiring the addition of a new pediatric neuroradiologist
- The new radiologist will be able to read a large percentage of pediatric neuroradiology.
The Job Details:
- MCR offers a competitive starting salary plus comprehensive benefits package including;
o Medical Malpractice Insurance
o Family Health Insurance with an HSA account
o Dental & Vision Insurance
o 401(k) Match and Profit-Sharing Plan
o Long- and Short-Term Disability Insurance
o CME/Business Expenses
o Competitive Weeks’ Vacation
o Two Year Partnership Track.
About the location:
The Hampton Roads area is comprised of the cities of Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Hampton, Newport News, Norfolk, Portsmouth, and Suffolk, as well as other smaller cities, counties, and towns. Hampton Roads is known for its large military presence, ice-free harbor, shipyards, and miles of waterfront property and beaches, all of which contribute to the diversity and stability of the region’s economy. MCR provides service at all the major medical centers throughout the area offering a wide range of communities for the physicians to live.