Charlotte and Thierry Huisman Travel Award
To enable qualified trainees to attend the Annual Scientific Meeting of the ASPNR to enhance a trainee’s exposure to the field of pediatric neuroradiology
This grant provides a travel scholarship up to US$ 2,000 to a qualified trainee to attend the 6th Annual Scientific Meeting of the ASPNR 2024 in San Diego.
- The grant is open to qualified North American and International applicants who are trainees in the field of pediatric neuroradiology or trainees who are considering entering the field of pediatric neuroradiology
- Eligible applicants shall be radiology residents, neuroradiology or pediatric radiology fellows or postdoctoral fellows working in the field of pediatric neurosciences
- Eligible Applicants must be the first author of an abstract (scientific or educational) accepted for presentation at the Annual Scientific Meeting of the ASPNR during the year that the Scholarship Amount is to be awarded
- Eligible Applicants must be a member of the ASPNR in good standing
- The Scholarship Amount that is awarded to the successful Eligible Applicant shall only be applied toward reimbursement of specific travel expenses directly related to the successful Eligible Applicant’s attendance at the Annual Scientific Meeting of the ASPNR during the year for which the Scholarship Amount is awarded. Eligible Travel Expenses for the Annual Scientific Meeting of the ASPNR include the following:
- Tickets for travel via airplane, train, or bus
- Ground transportation including taxi, train, subway, rideshare, car rental, parking, and gasoline based on applicable IRS standard mileage rates
- Hotel, Airbnb, or apartment rental
- Meeting registration for the ASPNR meeting for the year the Scholarship is awarded
- Food up to $75 per day including the day of departure to and from the meeting
- Alcohol expenses are not Eligible Travel Expenses and will not be reimbursed
- For Eligible Travel Expenses to be reimbursed, all itemized receipts must be submitted to and received by the ASPNR within sixty (60) days after the last day of the Annual Scientific Meeting of the ASPNR for that year
- To receive reimbursement for Eligible Travel Expenses, the successful Eligible Applicant must attend the Annual Scientific Meeting of the ASPNR in the year for which the Scholarship Amount is awarded. If the successful Eligible Applicant incurs travel expenses but does not attend the Annual Scientific Meeting of the ASPNR, those incurred expenses will not be considered Eligible Travel Expenses and they will not be reimbursed
- If the Annual Scientific Meeting of the ASPNR is cancelled or held virtually in a year for which a successful Eligible Applicant was awarded the Scholarship Amount, the successful Eligible Applicant for that year shall be permitted to use Scholarship Amount the next year that the Annual Scientific Meeting of the ASPNR is held in person and not virtually
- Please prepare the following:
- One-page statement of career goals
- Current professional curriculum vitae
- Letter of recommendation from your professional mentor
- Complete applications were due September 11, 2023.
- Applications will be reviewed by the Charlotte and Thierry Huisman ASPNR Travel Grant Committee upon receipt and a decision will be made in October.
- The application for the 2025 Annual Meeting will be available August 2024.