- Current member of ASNR, SPR, or any of the listed ASNR-managed societies
- Not a member of ASNR, SPR, or any of the listed ASNR-managed societies
- Current ASPNR Member-in-Training, who is applying for Member status
Categories and Qualifications
Shall be radiologists who practice or have a special interest in Pediatric Neuroradiology. These may include neuroradiologists, pediatric radiologists, or other radiologists who have a special interest in pediatric neuroradiology, regardless of geographical site of practice or residence.
To qualify for membership, these individuals may: 1) be a member of, or meet the criteria for membership in the American Society of Neuroradiology (ASNR), any of the related specialty / regional societies managed at the Headquarters Office (the ASFNR, ASHNR, ASSR, ENRS, and WNRS) or the Society for Pediatric Radiology (SPR); and/or 2) be judged worthy of inclusion in the ASPNR by the Membership Committee of the ASPNR on the basis of documented interest in and/or contribution to Pediatric Neuroradiology.
Shall be members-in-training, which are medical students, residents, and fellows, shall hold a comparable status in the ASNR, any of the specialty societies managed at the Headquarters Office, or the SPR, or meet the criteria for member-in-training in these societies. Upon satisfactory completion of their formal fellowship training, these individuals may apply to the Membership Committee of the ASPNR for acceptance in the appropriate membership category of the ASPNR. The Member-in-Training status shall not continue for more than one year following completion of formal fellowship training.
Shall be physicians or scientists who do not meet other membership criteria, but are judged worthy of inclusion in the ASPNR by the Membership Committee on the basis of documented interest in and/or contribution to Pediatric Neuroradiology.
Shall be individuals who have made an extraordinary contribution to Pediatric Neuroradiology, whether or not they meet criteria for other categories of membership
Our application process has been simplified. It’s as easy as1-2-3, if you are a member of ASNR, ASFNR, ASHNR, ASSR, ENRS, WNRS, or SPR:
- Complete the Parts indicated on the application for the category which suits your background
- Include prorated membership dues (which include the application fees for Member andAssociate categories)
- If applying for Member status, submit a copy of Radiology Board or Subspecialty Certification (formerly CAQ) certificate
Applicants who are not members of ASNR, ASFNR ASHNR, ASSR, ENRS, WNRS, or SPR must include each of the following:
- Completed membership application
- Two (2) sponsors holding ASPNR Member status, or the equivalent from the ASNR, ASFNR, ASHNR, ASSR, ENRS, WNRS, or SPR who are familiar with, and able to substantiate, the reputation and qualifications of the candidate, and his/her involvement or interest in Pediatric Neuroradiology
- Current curriculum vitae
- Copy of Radiology Board or Subspecialty certification (formerly CAQ) certificate, if applying forMember status.
- Annual membership dues (which include the application fee for Member and Associate categories)
Members shall have the following rights:
- To participate in the Scientific and Business Meetings and activities of the ASPNR at a reduced fee;
- To vote, serve on standing committees, and hold elected office in the ASPNR;
- Opportunity to subscribe to the American Journal of Neuroradiology (AJNR), the official journal of the ASPNR, at the discounted member rate.
Associate, Members-in-Training and Honorary members shall have the following rights:
- To participate in the Scientific Meetings and activities of the ASPNR at a reduced fee;
- Opportunity to subscribe to the American Journal of Neuroradiology (AJNR), the official journal of the ASPNR, at the discounted member rate;
- To serve on standing Committees (Associate members only)
If a non-ASNR-member applicant wishes to register for the ASNR’s Annual Meeting and Foundation Symposium at the reduced ASPNR-member fee, the application, including required documentation and prorated dues must be received by no later than 6 weeks prior to the meeting. Log onto www.asnr.org for more information on the next ASNR Annual Meeting.