Categories and Qualifications
Members: Radiologists who practice or have a special interest in Pediatric Neuroradiology. Members may include neuroradiologists, pediatric radiologists, or other radiologists who have a special interest in pediatric neuroradiology, regardless of geographical site of practice or residence.
To qualify for membership, these individuals should be judged worthy of inclusion in the ASPNR by the Membership Committee of the ASPNR on the basis of documented interest in and/or contribution to Pediatric Neuroradiology and submission materials.
Associate Members: Physicians or scientists who do not meet other membership criteria, and are judged worthy of inclusion in the ASPNR by the Membership Committee on the basis of documented interest in and/or contribution to Pediatric Neuroradiology.
Members-in-Training: Members-in-training are physicians in ACGME or RCPSC-accredited (Canadian) radiology programs or other ACGME or RCPSC-accredited non-radiology medical programs, or international-equivalent accredited residency or fellowship programs, or graduate (PhD) students, or post-doctoral fellows within five years of their post-doctoral degree, or medical students enrolled in LCME-accredited American medical schools or international-equivalent medical schools. Upon satisfactory completion of formal medical training, these individuals may apply to the Membership Committee of the ASPNR for acceptance in the appropriate membership category of the ASPNR. The Member-in-Training status shall not continue following completion of formal medical training.
Emeritus Member: Individuals who were a General Member, Associate Member, or Honorary Member for a minimum of ten (10) years and have either reached the age of seventy (70) years or have retired from active practice.
Honorary Member: Individuals who have made an extraordinary contribution to Pediatric Neuroradiology, whether or not they meet criteria for other categories of membership.
Our application process has been simplified: please complete the parts indicated on the application for the category that suits your background.
Applicants must include each of the following:
- Completed membership application
- One sponsor holding ASPNR Member status, who is familiar with and is able to substantiate the reputation and qualifications of the candidate and his/her involvement or interest in Pediatric Neuroradiology
- Current curriculum vitae
- If applying for Member status, please submit a copy of your Radiology Board or Subspecialty Certification (formerly CAQ) certificate
- Annual membership dues (which include the application fee for Member and Associate categories)
- Membership dues for Members and Associate Members is $125 annually with a $50 application fee and $25 annually for Members in Training with application fee waived. Membership for Emeritus and Honorary Members is complimentary.
Members shall have the following rights:
- To participate in the Scientific and Business Meetings and activities of the ASPNR at a reduced fee
- To vote, serve on committees, and hold elected office in the ASPNR
Associate, Members-in-Training and Honorary members shall have the following rights:
- To participate in the Scientific Meetings and activities of the ASPNR at a reduced fee
- To serve on Committees (Associate members only)